Thursday, April 7, 2011

Eventually



After J proposed in July, I really got into weddings. I was never desperately waiting. ... ... ... ...okaymaybealittle. But rightfully so! J had moved 9 hours away and our only option was to of course convert to a long distance relationship. There was never any question, but we also never talked the "W" word; we knew it would happen eventually. Eventually. Now there's a fun word. So thus began our monthly commutes to see each other for maybe 48 hours at a time. I hitched a ride with his parents one time and to visit him for Thanksgiving and they assured me that in his own time, he would get in that marriage state of mind. Eventually. I get it, I mean we're not even in the same state so I didn't expect we'd get engaged until we were co-located - what are we going to do, get married and live apart? HA! haha... ha... ....ha?


Eight months later, when I cracked open the best fortune cookie ever and J dropped to one knee in front of both of our families, I was definitely shocked. Eventually was now! When did.. how come I didn't... huh?? So here we are, affianced and living apart. Way apart. It definitely presents a planning challenge. 


I threw myself into this whole wedding planning thing, but I'd love to get his input. Just to be able to whip my laptop around and get an immediate reaction on vendors and inspiration pictures, instead of being resigned to facebooking him links and using my best judgement on his preferences. Eventually he'll see it all when it comes together on our wedding day and eventually we'll be able to make decisions as a couple. Here's hoping that 'eventually' unexpectedly plops into my lap as it did once before.

No comments:

Post a Comment